Friday, April 29, 2011

"Wishing, and hoping...

...and thinking, and praying." - Dusty Springfield


6d8hp3dt. 6.33dp3dt. Not sure which I like better. Well, to be honest, I don't like either because the home test I just peed on was negative. Rats.


During my first IVF, I POAS'd at least once a day starting at 4 days after transfer. For the second round I'm following the same pattern, but will hopefully have a better result. No such luck thus far. Last year starting at 8dp3dt I would show the HPTs to my husband. He doesn't really "get it". In fact he doesn't really get much, but that's another story for another day. He took the early BFNs to mean that all hope was lost. It turns out he was right, but I don't want that to happen again. So, I've been hiding them from him. Peeing on sticks in private. Until this evening. Like a psycho I had both of today's HPTs (5d16hp3dt and 6d8hp3dt) flush against the bathroom window. If you can get the light to illuminate the test from behind you can see the lines even better. Both one-liners. Well, needless to say DH was crestfallen when he saw the tests. It took a lot explaining about HCG levels to relieve his shock. The last thing an IVF mommy needs during the TWW is the obligation to comfort a man. Next time I'm locking the bathroom door.

No comments:

Post a Comment